May 14, 2020
Happiness is a "now you feel it, now you don’t" emotion.
I know this from personal experience and from hearing of the experiences of others. Sometimes I’m very happy, other times, sad, joyful, contented, frustrated, and sometimes very neutral.
I’ve heard a lot about being happy but happy to me feels like a fleeting emotion. It comes and goes just as fast. I was curious about making my happy more sustainable and creating ways to make it last longer so I created this list.
1. Be Present. Think about how you feel when you focus on listening to music, dancing, or watching a movie/comedy show. You feel good, free, and are enjoying yourself. You are able to laugh and smile.
2. Invite friends over for a night in. You can get coloring books, color pencils, canvases, paints and have a creative and fun night in. You can even bring wine (if you are of age) or the drink of your choice and most importantly food.
3. Spend time outside. It can be good to be with nature and get some sun and a good hike in. Or just garden, meditate, or sit outside.
4. Find a nice spot in the shade under a tree, and read a book, write in your Deserved Happiness journal, or just listen to music.
5. Pick up a new hobby. You can learn a new skill such as knitting, pottery, a new language
6. Find like-minded people through a club or organization you are interested in.
I hope you try any one of these activities or more and that it helps you on your journey to finding lasting happiness. If and when you do try them, try and focus on the feeling you have, are you smiling or laughing?
May 07, 2020
April 30, 2020
April 23, 2020