April 23, 2020
Just because we are in quarantine doesn’t mean that we can’t celebrate birthdays, it just means we have to get creative with the celebrations.
As I mentioned in a previous post I had a birthday that just passed, and April is a busy month for my family as there are multiple birthdays. Recently my niece celebrated her birthday. Her original plans were to go to a concert of her favorite band play but that, unfortunately, got postponed. So with those plans put on hold, we had to figure out what would be the best way to celebrate. Here are some ideas we came up with.
1. Call your loved ones/friends over video chat. We used a fun app called Houseparty and with that app, you are able to video chat and play games. Using video chat to talk with those you care about can help you feel connected even if you are alone.
2. Make yourself a cake or dessert of your choice. I don’t know about you but eating cake is a tradition on my B-Day. Plus a bonus is with a cake you make or either buy you have cake for the whole week so that like celebrating your birthday every day that week.
3. Order takeout from your favorite restaurant. Everyone is struggling in this economy and you could order takeout from small business and that could help and put money in the local economy.
4. Do something you’ve always wanted to do. We all have a list of things we would like to do find something on that list that you can do at home whether it be to take a class, learn to draw, watch all the movies of a series, or TV show. The possibilities are endless and I’m sure you’ll feel pretty great crossing something off your to-do list.
5. Continuing to be thankful for the blessing that you have and received for celebrating another birthday. There is a lot going on with many people and it can get easy to get down and stressed about what you don’t have but we must also focus on the positives and what we do have.
May 14, 2020
May 07, 2020
April 30, 2020